Pranayam is actually related to certain breathing techniques that help in regulating the flow of life. It involves the use of the lungs for the maximum level of oxygen. Bhramari Pranayam is one of the breathing techniques that anyone can practice to cause oxygen to easily flow through the body and strengthen the nervous system. It leads to self realization and enhances our conscience.
What is Bhramari in the real sense?
Bhramari, in the real sense, is related to the humming sound of the bumblebee or black beetle. This humming sound develops through the throat cartilage and helps in producing the effect of calmness in the body and mind.
It helps in recovering from the daily exertion and pressure of work and exams; It is quite helpful for every person. You can practice bhramari any time of the day.
Types of Bhramari Pranayam
- Shankhmukhi Bhramari: It is by covering the eyes with the index and middle fingers and mouth and ears with the ring and small fingers and ears with the thumbs.
- Simple Bhramari :It is simply inhaling and exhaling, followed by humming sounds.
How to perform Bhramari Pranayama Mudra ?
Simple Bhramari Pranayam steps
- It is by sitting in a meditative posture and getting into a peaceful phase.
- Gently close your eyes and inhale deeply.
- Managing breathing in slow mode and making deep and humming sounds.
Shankhmukhi Bhramari Pranayam steps
- Close your eyes.
- Close your ears with your thumbs.
- Place the index finger just above your eyebrows, the middle one on the side of your nose, ring fingers above the lips, and let loose your little fingers.
- Pressure on the eyelids must not be very intense. It should be gentle.
- Keep your focus between your eyebrows, and also keep your hands down.
- Experience the effects accordingly.
How many times can we do bhramari pranayam ?
You can do it 2 to 5 times a day, followed by other pranayama asanas. While performing the bhramari pranayam, you must make bee sounds while breathing for 15 seconds.
Studying the benefits and effects of the Bhramari pranayam
Bhramari Pranayam has a positive effect on the mind and body. It helps in developing connectivity between the mind and the inner self. Let's understand the benefits in detail.
Bhramari Pranayam Benefits
- It helps in inducing peace in the mind.
- It regulates the destressing of the nerves.
- It stimulates the functions of the pineal and pituitary glands.
- It controls the temper of the person.
- It lessens the blood pressure in the body.
- It helps in revitalizing the health of the heart.
- It rejuvenates the tissues of the body.
More details concerning Bhramari pranayam benefits for skin and brain.
Skin and brain are the primary aspects governing the body from inside and outside. With the increasing age, we experience changes in our skin tone. Our behavior also varies with age, and that is regulated by the brain.
We usually go through different hormonal changes regulated by the brain, and that has a deep impact on our behavior and appearance.
Apart from following a healthy diet chart, it is bhramari pranayam that can bring revitalizing effects on the skin and brain.
Bhramari pranayam benefits for skin
- It clears the channels of blood flow from toxins.
- It boosts oxygen-rich blood in the body.
- With deep breathing exercises as a part of bhramari pranayam, one gets relieved from toxins that cause pimples, acne, eczema, acne, and melasma.
Effects of Bhramari Pranayam On Brain
- It helps in improving concentration and focus.
- It revitalizes and energizes the brain's nerves.
- It improves the grasping ability through long-run exercise.
- It builds connectivity between the brain nerves and the rest of the body.
- It promotes excellent mental health.
Provisions for performing Bhramari Pranayam
It is necessary to understand who should be performing bhramari and also be aware of the conditions of performing bhramari. Without consulting a yoga expert, practicing Bhramari can be risky for many people.
Precautionary measures to do Bhramari
- Follow the instructions of a yoga expert while doing Bhramari or any pranayam yoga.
- Do bhramari on an empty stomach during the early morning hours. In case you are doing bhramari in the evening hours, then there should be enough gap between the yoga time and meal time.
- It is recommended to do Bhramari after doing anulom vilom.
- Not to put pressure on the cartilage of the ear. Just gentle pressing is required.
- It is also recommended not to insert the finger inside the ear.
- Not to do bhramari during the menstruation and pregnancy period.
- Suffering from either an ear infection or epilepsy.
- It is advisable not to practice bhramari, who is undergoing a cardiovascular disorder.
- Moreover, bhramari is not yoga for digestion. It is because it will disrupt the digestion process after any meal.
- Never practice Bhramari in the horizontal position.
When to do Bhramari pranayam ?
Performing Bhramari yoga in the early morning will result in excellent health results. Otherwise, it can be practiced any time of the day on an empty stomach. You can practice late at night for better results.
For gaining amazing facts related to Bhramari pranayam, you can get in touch with the yoga experts from Nirogayurved. For any doubt or guidance, you can reach out to them.
Conclusion: Bhramari Pranayam is a kind of yoga to stimulate smooth breathing followed by making bee-like sounds. It will regulate the lungs and respiratory nerves. There are two forms of bhramari, and sankhmukhi pranayam is very popular. However, there are certain restrictions for doing this pranayam. Pregnant and menstruating women and anyone suffering from a heart disorder must stay away from doing Bhramari. Make sure to take guidance from experts while doing this yoga.
What are the benefits of Bhramari pranayama?
- It revitalizes brain nerves and helps students and professionals in their studies and career growth.
- It cures sleeplessness.
- It is effective in improving eyesight and also brings relief from the problem of deafness.
- It brings relief from stress and anxiety.
What is the purpose of Bhramari breath?
- It will work as antidepressant medicine. It will revitalize the nerves of the brain and help in enhancing concentration and focus. It will also help in bringing relief from different nerve disorders.
- However, it is recommended that heart patients and pregnant women must stay away from performing this yoga.
- It should always be performed on an empty stomach.
What is the concept of Bhramari pranayama?
Bhramari is the pattern of practicing breathing slowly and from deep within and through the nostrils and making buzzing sounds by closing the eyes and gently pressing the cartilage of the ears.
How to do Bhramari pranayama ?
You must take guidance and do bhramari under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
The following steps are :
Type 1 Bhramari Pranayama
- In the first step, you can sit in padmasana or meditative posture.
- Shut your eyes slowly and take a deep breath.
- Slow the speed of inhaling and exhaling and make a buzzing sound.
Type 2 Bhramari Pranayama
- Sit in the erect position.
- Close your eyes.
- Keep both thumbs on the external opening of both ears.
- Followed with index fingers around the inner areas of the eyes.
- Middle fingers on the nose and ring finger on the lips.
- And little fingers just below.
- Practice bhramari sounds then, and make sure not to press hard on my eyes and ears.